SCOV WOODWORKING CLUB SAWSTOP BRAKE ACTIVATION POLICY
The following is the Sun City Oro Valley Woodworking Club’s procedures and policy to be followed after SawStop safety system (brake) activation:
- Remove the blade and activated brake from the machine and replace the brake and blade following the procedures on the page titled What to do if the SawStop Safety System Activates (page 45) in the Operating Manual or watch a video on the subject produced by SawStop. https://youtu.be/O6y7k_gX8M0
- Separate the activated brake from the blade and retain both. The previously mentioned video shows how to separate the brake from the blade.
- The person who causes brake activation is required to reimburse the Woodworking Club for the replacement costs of both the brake and blade. The prices are written on the blades and brakes.
- If the brake activation is caused by skin contact, or is thought to be caused by skin contact, the person activating the brake has one of two options available to them:
- Mail the activated brake cartridge (no blade) to SawStop for analysis and confirmation that skin contact (a finger save) caused the activation. To initiate this process, call SawStop Customer Service 503-582-9934 and request an RMA (Return Material Authorization) number and follow their instructions on how to submit a Finger Save Recount Form and how to mail the activated brake. (The form can be completed online at https://www.sawstop.com/support/report-a-save/ or SawStop will email a form upon request.) Upon SawStop’s receipt of the completed form and activated brake, they will determine the cause of activation. If skin contact is confirmed, SawStop will mail a new brake cartridge free of charge. After receiving the new brake cartridge, bring it to the woodshop within two weeks of brake activation and pay only the replacement cost of the blade. If skin contact is not confirmed, or if a new brake cartridge is not brought to the shop within two weeks, reimbursement of the replacement costs of both brake and blade will be required. -----------Or--------------
- Chose not to participate in the process stated in 1. above and reimburse the club for the replacement cost of both the brake and blade.